Wednesday, May 29, 2013

A new taste experience

I have continued following the blog www.bakasockerfritt.se and yesterday I tried to do a chocolate mousse based on avocado, which was really interesting! It tasted good but as both me and Johan thought, it might need some more times to "approve" with the specific avocado taste. But healthy for sure!;=)

Here´s the recipe if you also want to try a new healthier chocolate mousse. Recipe borrowed from 


Ingredients:
1 mature avocado
appr. 1 1/2 tablespoon cacao
4 tablespoons of cream
appr. 3 tablespoons of Stevia (natural sweetener,( read about it here)
2/3 pinch of vanilla powder

Instructions;
1. Mash the avocado with a fork
2. Add cacao, cream, Stevia and vanilla powder
3. Whip for some minute with an electric whip to get the consistency of a mousse
Put in little bowls or glasses. Put some chopped or grated chocolate on top. (Anette´s note: I used 70% chocolate with mint in it)

Enjoy!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there Anette,

I remember you mentioning that you love to bake and if you like to experiment a little in terms of turning 'unhealthy' desserts like cakes, cookies, pies, pastries, muffins, etc. into healthier variations of the originals, then this site is for you:

http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/

I've already tried several of her recipes and although they are healthy (sugar- and glutenfree) they don't actually taste 'healthy'. ;=)

Enjoy the recipes and if you decide to try out something, let us know how it went. ;=)

Greetings from Vienna!
Sabine

littlemimo said...

Using avocado is so strange...
Do you have some photos ?
I'm not sure that I'll try it, I love avocado with lemon juice, pepper and salt on my french bread so I'll use avocadoes only for that ;-)

Good evening (oh, and I don't post comment really often but I still read your posts Anette !)

Vinga said...

Hi my Dear,
I know you love baking and if you have I need recipe for good muffins for my Suzy for her 5th birthday ( yea it is tommorow) and I don't have a conception what I have do. I never doing muffins but I know that kids love this. Can you help me?

Sleep well, With love Kinga

Unknown said...

That sounds really good! I sent the recipe to my mom who loves avocado and we'll see how she likes it :)
Also, I think it's very cool that you use stevia in your desserts :) I do as well and I think it's pretty cool. Here in Canada they actually make soda with stevia, and it's nice to be able to enjoy soft drinks with no sugar in them :)

Carmen said...

Hi Anette ;)

i was looking at your pics and i wonder, is there any tattoo that you regret having???
:P
i wanna get my first tattoo anytime soon and i've always thought that you get a tattoo for a reason...but with time people always change their minds..so can the meaning of the tattoo :P

do you regret any of your tattoos :P??

xoxo
from méxico.